If you need clothes and you don’t have any money you don’t necessarily have to beg your friends and family. There are several other options to explore:
- You can go to your local church and see if they have clothes donated by church members. If they don’t, they will probably be able to refer you to a local organization that has donated clothes for people in need.
- If you have a job interview and you need a suit, try CareerGear www.careergear.org
- If you have clothes that you don’t like anymore or don’t fit anymore, you can exchange these clothes with a friend for something you may really need or like. This way both parties are happy and there is no begging involved
- Go to websites that offer links to other websites that offer free clothes. A great website to start at is The Free Stuff Channel http://www.freestuffchannel.com/clothes.html
- Garage sales – many people give away the clothes they can’t sell because they know they will never wear them again
- Check Craigslist www.craigslist.com under the “Free” section and you might get lucky.