1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African American History
Where can one go to get a comprehensive and entertaining account of the most significant events, individuals and social processes of African-American history? Fear not, because 1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African-American History is history at your fingertips-in a concise, accessible, easily-read format.
Jeffrey C. Stewart, Associate Professor of History at George Mason University, takes the reader on an all-encompassing journey through the entirety of African-American history that is pithy, provocative, and encyclopedic in scope. Here are all the people, terms, ideas, events, and social processes that make African-American history such a fascinating and inspiring subject.
1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African-American History covers all the significant information in six broad sections: Great Migrations; Civil Rights and Politics; Science, Inventions and Medicine; Sports; Military; Culture and Religion. It will entertain as well as instruct, and it can be read from beginning to end as well as opened at random and read at any length without confusion.
A necessary addition to every family's library, 1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African-American History presents African American history in a fun, engaging and intelligent way.
- Author: Jeffrey C. Stewart
- Publication Date: 1998-05-04
- Publisher: Three Rivers Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Three Rivers Press
- Binding: Paperback, 416 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 698L x 101W x 919H
- Weight: 164
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 890L x 690W x 100H
- Weight: 175
- List Price: $17.99
- ISBN: 038548576X
- ASIN: 038548576X
- 100 African-Americans Who Shaped American History (100 Series)
- Black Pioneers of Science and Invention
- Book of Black Heroes: Scientists, Healers, and Inventors
- A Kid's Guide to African American History: More than 70 Activities (A Kid's Guide series)
- What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors